2017/04/22

PaperArtsy blog Topic#6 resin---Timeworn Necklace

Hello everyone and welcome here.
It's wonderful to be back here on the PA blog tonight. I've chosen to share with you a Timeworn Necklace project.
I wanted to make an accessories using Seth's new stamps and wood chips with resin.
Seth is showing off his wonderful ideas and techniques around the world at his workshops, of which twice was a workshop organized by PA. His blog -the altered page- contains an introduction of his fabulous works and artists active in the world. I am always inspired by his creations.



I thought about how to configure them for the necklace top before I tried to use the Seth's wood-chips and the Relics & Artifacts Tribe.


After that I used Seth's technique to paint by Seth set-2 and Blood Orange, Caribbean Sea and Pumpkin Soup Fresco paints. Once them dried I did embossing ivory and copper enamels on each wood-chips with Seth ESA03 stamps.


Add the same amount of AB resin solution to be used to the cup, add 2 drops of the tint color and gently mix it. Leave it for about 5 minutes until the bubbles disappear.


A brush with the resin solution on the Relics & Artifacts Tribe and leave it for about a whole day and night until it is completely dry.

Embossing the Relics & Artifacts Tribe cameo for the focal point by Ice Resin enamels ivory. I planed to make it the same color as the previous two R & A T, but as the whole got little dark then I decided to use on the ivory embossing powder that was not pure white.

I layered the lace colored with Infusion Terracotta and Magenta on the tag and joined all the other items.

Next step is the chain making, I was planning the necklace string which a silk fabric dyed with Infusions, and I wanted to make it as natural as possible to entwine the chain. However there was no hand-held chains to fit with fabric, so I changed my mind and I made it to the handmade chain only.



This time I applied infrared rays using UV resin, the time to dry only 5 minutes. The finish looks like a rusty charm.

 This is the finish of the chain by connecting beads and charms.

And here it is all put together.




I tried making the bracelet with a dyed silk fabric when I could not make. 
The project to play with Seth's items was a great fun, I was absorbed in making and almost forget to take photos. I'm not fully give up to make the fabric accessories and I'll try again.
Thank you so much joining me and hope you like it. I look forward to meeting you soon!! 

Etsuko xxx



1 comment:

  1. Such a fabulous and inspiring post, Etsuko... I left some love at PaperArtsy too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank so much for taking the time to stop by. Your lovely comments make my day and so much appreciated. Etsuko xxx